Resistance to heavy static and dynamic loads is one of the main requirements for flooring at heavy industry enterprises. Polymer floors are suitable for heavy industry.
They are actively laid in the shops of various factories and industrial complexes in Belarus: at enterprises producing automobiles, home appliances, machine tools, and construction materials.
We choose and order polymer floors for heavy industry
When constructing a shop it is important to keep in mind the presence of heavy machine tools, moving heavy machinery, as well as quite aggressive chemical environment. Oils, lubricants, and dyes are all additional challenges for flooring. Polymer systems for heavy industry enterprises are represented by several types:
- Cement-urethane systems. Fairly inexpensive flooring for heavy industry. Recommended by specialists for unheated shops and warehouses. Including for rooms with high humidity. The material is difficult to install. Requires careful preparation of the base. If the pouring technology is not observed, the risk of coating segregation increases. Strong and resilient floor is the result of using cement-urethane compositions by professionals who have observed all pouring nuances. Cement-urethane compositions filled with quartz sand are particularly good at heavy industry enterprises.
- Methyl methacrylate coatings. They have a very high impact resistance. The are substantially stronger than traditional concrete. Chips and microcracks on the surface are not formed even with strong impacts. The material is not prone to dust formation, it is quickly cleaned. Inert when in contact with mineral oils, acids and alkalis. Floor construction can be performed even at sub-zero temperatures. Polymer mixture hardens quickly when poured. This is convenient. However, the work is of an increased hazard level. Methyl methacrylate is toxic until hardened. Personal protective equipment is necessary when carrying out works. Methyl methacrylate coatings are laid exclusively in ventilated rooms.
- Polyurethane floors. Have a high vibration resistance. They are optimal for enterprises where chisel hammers and pneumatic chipping hammers are used, but are not recommended for chemically aggressive environments. In this case, instead of polyurethane, it is better to choose systems based on methyl methacrylate or epoxy resin.
- Epoxy coatings with the addition of quartz glass. These are the most popular solutions that are chosen by heavy industry factories. They are characterized by high mechanical and chemical resistance. In terms of installation, they are the least demanding of all industrial poured floors.
All polymer compositions form seamless monolithic coatings. They are moisture resistant. There is no risk of fungus and mold formation. The floor perfectly withstands both dry and wet cleaning.
Floors for heavy industry: consideration of enterprise specifics
For shops which use easily flammable, explosive substances (acetone, gasoline, ethyl acetate, dioxane, isopentane, vinyl chloride), systems which are not prone to spark formation should be chosen. The best option is for systems marked with "non-combustible materials" or marked with "G1". From our catalog you can order HAUPTMANN C5, HAUPTMANN A1-A6 floors for heavy industry. They fully meet these requirements.
For high-precision production the most important indicators are conductivity and dust-freeness. HauptmannEPOAS antistatic epoxy coatings are to be considered. These are two-component systems for production facilities with extremely strict requirements for static electricity accumulation.
For some production facilities, it is important that coatings are able to resist sliding, for others they should have a perfectly smooth surface. For example, Hauptmann A3 system has a completely smooth floor, while Hauptmann A2 is a coating with a rough texture. This is also important to consider when choosing.
You can order the material in any required volume, picking up the desired color from our range.
What is behind the very inexpensive floor for heavy industry?
The price of poured floors in the market varies considerably. Sometimes the low price is the result of optimization, which is achieved by the absence of intermediary links.
However, sometimes, low-quality products are behind the cheap floor. Thereafter, this leads to serious costs. For example, if the floor is uneven due to poor product quality, production staff can encounter a whole range of problems:
- rapid wear of forklift wheels
- failure of hydraulic components of the equipment
- reduction in loading and unloading speed
So there may be an unpleasant situation. Pouring system will be cheap, but other costs, including equipment repairs, will be huge in the future. Quality is therefore crucial. Moreover, it is both the quality of the material and the quality of work.
Specialists consider how the old coating is compatible with the composition used. They assess whether it needs to be sealed, chipped and treated by means of diamond grinding.
New generation mixtures are on sale. No intermediaries. Only certified compounds. Free training for all customers.
Pouring systems are characterized by high strength, wear resistance and durability. In addition to floors for shops we offer flooring systems for administration and management unit. Decorative floors, micro-cement-based systems are actively represented by Hauptmann products.
Polymer concrete floors are available for any premises of the enterprise.